Maharjan quits as MMC coach

SOURCE: REPUBLICA

KATHMANDU, June 2: Laxmi Hyundai Manang Marshyangdi Club (MMC) coach Bal Gopal Maharjan has quit his post after MMC lost 1-0 to his former team Mega Three Star Club in the Martyrs Memorial A Division League on Wednesday.

This is MMC´s third consecutive defeat at the hands of Three Star after Maharjan took over as the coach of MMC last year.

“I have decided to quit my post on moral grounds,” the former national assistant coach and national midfielder told Republica. “Though the team is studded with star players, they failed to beat Three Star for the third time in a row."

“I also did not find a favorable working environment in the club after the arrival of Korean national Lee Tae-Ho as the technical director of the team,” Maharjan said, adding, “We two have been brought up in different football cultures and his style is different from mine at trainings as well.”

“I think my departure will also make it easy for him [Lee] to give training the way he likes,” Maharjan said. “I have verbally informed the club´s president Tashi Ghale about my resignation,” said Maharjan, who still takes MMC as one of the title contenders.

MMC currently occupies the second spot in the points table with equal 16 points as that of leader Nepal Police Club, which has a one-match advantage over MMC.

No comments: