New Radiant 1 - 4 AYL: Santosh scored twice

15 August 2009 - Male’, MALDIVES – Two second half goals from Santosh and one goal each from Mohamed Fasir and Latheef gave All Youth Linkage (AYL) a vital three points against New Radiant today. New Radiant didn’t concede a goal in two games and scored ten without reply this round will take the result as a huge blow.

AYL broke the deadlock as early as the first minute of the game when Latheef’s perfect free kick found way beyond keeper Sadun, who slipped in the process of saving the ball.

With a goal down, New Radiant failed to increase the tempo and resulted in going two goals down with just a quarter of an hour on the clock. In the 15th minute Mohamed Fasir met Muslim’s cross, which went over keeper Sadun and headed into the goal to double their lead.

In the 21st minute AYL went close again. This time Ali Fasir beat Nasir and sent the ball beyond Sadun but missed it by inches.

Two minutes later New Radiant created their first attempt. This time Samuel controlled the ball from close range but shot it over the bar.

In the 26th minute Moosa made shot but went wide off the target. Two minutes later Samuel saw his shot being saved by keeper Faisal.

New Radiant cut the deficit in the 31st minute through Samuel. He received the ball just inside the six yard box and shot at once to score their first.

New Radiant was opted for a very attacking game in the second half and kept the pressure on the opponents. However the red signal hit them in the 78th minute when substitute Santosh scored AYL’s third goal. Latheef provided the ball from a free kick and Santosh made no mistake with his header.

During the extra period of the game Santosh once again executed a good header through Fasir’s cross and the ball hit the cross bar before hitting the back of the net.


AYL 1 - 1 Maziya: Late stunning equaliser

6 August 2009 - Male', MALDIVES - A late stunning equalizer from Mohamed Fasir gave a vital point for All Youth Linkage in tonight’s Wataniya Dhivehi League 3rd round match against, Maziya.

The match was fast passed with entertaining football from both sides. Each side got numerous chances to score, but failed to convert those into goals. The first opportunity went for Maziya. In the 7th minute, Channa managed to beat the AYL goal keeper, Faisal, but failed to convert it into the goal.

However, Rasheed did not miss his opportunity from the ball given by Thasneem in the 15th minute to give lead to Maziya.Ali Fasir got the best opportunity for AYL in the first half. His fast paced shot, outside the penalty area missed a few inches from the target.Four minutes later, Santosh made an effort on the goal.

But it went straight into the keeper without any pace in the ball. It was an easy catch for the keeper. In the early minutes of second half, Maziya kept the pressure on AYL side. Rasheed managed to head the ball supplied by Nimal. But it was saved marvelously by keeper Faisal.In the 78th minute, Jumanu Rai managed to score from the cross by Mohamed Fasir.

But the assistant referee, Saleem showed it as an offside.AYL managed to equalize from the stunning backward bicycle kick by Mohamed Fasir. His shot was deflected by the cross bar and went straight in to the goal. Four minutes later, AYL got a marvelous opportunity to take the lead. Jumanu Rai was left all alone inside the penalty area when Mohamed Fasir crossed the ball inside the penalty area. But his shot went over the cross bar.


Victory 3 – 0 AYL: First half drama
31 July 2009, Male’, MALDIVES – Three first half goals from Assad Ali (2 goals) and Daniel put Victory on the top of eight team league table with 27 points but a game less than VB sports who are now in the second with 25 points.

AYL dominated early minutes of the game but failed to maintain the tempo and found themselves behind in the 12th minute when Assad Ali (Adey) scored for the reds. Ibrahim Fazeel (Oppo) passed the ball to Adey and then he fired the ball beyond keeper Faisal to break the deadlock.

Before that, AYL found some goal scoring chances. In the third minute Mohamed Fasir saw his shot cleared on the line by Ibrahim Abdullah.

Three minutes later Jumanu missed a good pass from country mate Santosh and in the 7th minute Santosh saw his powerful header went over the bar.

Adey doubled the lead for Victory in the 17th minute after beating his marker Adam Rasheed.

In the 27th minute Victory could have score again after Adey grabbed a back pass by Adam Rasheed but his shot went inches wide.

In the 35th minute Fuhaid beat three defenders and crossed the ball but Fasir slipped and Sobah easily cleared the ball.

Before the break Daniel marked his name on the score sheet when he received Adey’s pass and alone unmarked in the area he shot the ball to the goal.

No much threat from either side was seen in the second period of the game.

In the 64th minute Jumanu Rai beat his markers and passed the ball to Muhaimin, who shot the ball wide off the target.

Six minutes later another shot from Muhaimin, this time a weaker one, forced no trouble to keeper Imran.

New Radiant will face Kalhaidhoo in tomorrow’s game.