Prime Minister Cup: Sri Lanka enters PM Cup Final

Kathmandu March, 12 - Sri Lanka thrashed Arambagh Kriashan Football Club from Bangladesh 4-0 to cruise into the final of the 1st Prime Minister Cup International Invitational Football Tournament, Thursday at Dasarath Stadium.

Sri Lanka will set the title clash with the winner of the second semifinal match between Nepal-Red and JW Football Club from Thailand on Saturday. The second semifinal match will be on Friday. The second finalist will not get any break as the final will be held on Saturday, organiser Nepal Republican Sports Federation informed. Sri Lanka made an overwhelming dominance over Arambagh, which is at ninth position of Bangladesh League Football, thorough out the match. Lankan started scoring the goals from the second minutes of the game till the 51st minute. Kasun Jayasooriya scored a brace and Namal Authony netted an early goal while the third goal was gifted by Arambagh defender Den Mohammed as he scored in own goal post.
After saving their berth in final, Sri Lankan manager Ananda Peiris said that they were not bothered about which team to play for the title clash. "We came here to play finals from Sri Lanka," he said.

"We dominated the match since the early hour and scored four goals. Besides, captain Chathurn Maduranga, Jayasooriya and E. B Chanua are back in their form, which is good news for us," Peiris said. "Today we have more opportunity to score but we did not went for them as the team were instructed to avoid injuries, fouls and yellow cards so they could make up to the final." Peiris informed that he probably would stick with the same team in the final. Authony gave an early lead in the second minute as he slotted the ball-set up by the Chanua -into the post from near the second bar. Lankan doubled their advantage after seven minutes, as Jayasooriya took control the long pass ball off M. Izzadeen and struck the ball straight into the post from the D-Area line.
After conceding early goals, it looked like that the Arambagh players forget to play the football. They were helpless against the superb performance of balanced Sri Lankan national side. The score was trebled for Lanka as Mohammed’s clearance to the Chanua’s cross got into own post in the 17th minute of the first half. Jayasooriya added his second goal in the 51st minute to make the score 4-0.
Coach of Arambagh, Quazi Majid said that the match was total one sided today. He, however, said that entering the last four being a local team of Bangladesh playing against national sides of Nepal and Sri Lanka is in itself an accomplishment.

No comments: